The Kraus KBU22-KPF-1602CH has been discontinued
** See similar or replacement items below **
What's Included in This Combo:
- 16-gauge stainless steel sink
- Commercial-style pre-rinse kitchen faucet
- Dish grids (basin racks)
- Basket strainers (sink drains)
- Mounting and installation brackets
- Sink cutout template (for countertop cut dimensions)
- Dish towel with Kraus logo
- Specification / installation sheet
- Fully covered under Kraus' limited lifetime warranty
- Constructed of 16-gauge premium grade T-304 stainless steel - guaranteed to never rust or corrode
- Commercial grade satin finish - highly scratch and stain resistant
- Padded, Stone-Guard undercoat applied over rubber pads to reduce sink noise while in use
- Double bowl (50/50 split) 32-1/4" sink with traditional rounded corners
- Extra deep (8-1/2" depth) design is perfect for the semi-professional kitchen
- Undermount installation; fits 36"+ cabinets
- Standard 3-1/2" drain opening compatible with most garbage disposal units
- Fully covered under Kraus' limited lifetime warranty
- All-brass faucet body and handle construction
- Versatile commercial-style coiled spring faucet neck
- Spout swivels 360° to allow for unobstructed sink access
- On-demand grip-trigger spray wand
- Side pot-filler with flow control on spray head
- High-arch gooseneck spout further allows for unobstructed sink access
- Overall Height: 8-1/2" (measured from the bottom of sink to the top of the rim)
- Overall Width: 18" (measured from the back outer rim to the front outer rim)
- Overall Length: 32-1/4" (measured from the left outer rim to the right outer rim)
- Basin Width (Left): 16-1/4" (measured from the back inner rim to the front inner rim)
- Basin Width (Right): 16-1/4" (measured from the back inner rim to the front inner rim)
- Basin Length (Left): 14-1/2" (measured from the left inner rim to the right inner rim)
- Basin Length (Right): 16-1/4" (measured from the left inner rim to the right inner rim)
- Basin Depth (Left): 8-1/2" (measured from the center of basin to the rim)
- Basin Depth (Right): 8-1/2" (measured from the center of basin to the rim)
- Installation Type: Undermount
- Drain Outlet Connection: 3-1/2"
- Minimum Base Cabinet Width: 36"
- Overall Height: 32" (measured from counter top to highest point of faucet)
- Spout Height: 11" (measured from counter top to faucet outlet)
- Spout Reach: 8-1/2" (measured from center of faucet base to center of faucet outlet)
- Number of Installation Holes Required: 1
- Flow Rate: 1.8 gallons-per-minute
- Single handle included
- Low lead compliant - complies with federal and state regulations for lead content
- Designed to easily connect to standard U.S. plumbing supply bibs
- Extra secure mounting assembly
- All necessary mounting hardware included
Sink Technologies / Benefits:
- Extra Thick, 16 Gauge Stainless Steel: Short of paying thousands of dollars, 16 gauge is as thick as sinks come (22% thicker than 18 gauge; 36% thicker than 20 gauge). Thicker steel means a stronger sink (hence the lifetime warranty) while also offering a richer and more robust appearance to the finish that is easily discernible from the white-washed, cheap look of thinner sinks.
- Premium Grade T-304 Stainless Steel: There are two primary types of stainless steel in the market: T-409 and the higher quality T-304. The difference lies in chromium and nickel contents; T-409 with 11% and .5% respectively, T-304 with 18% and 10%. When added to steel, these two metals prevent oxidation and rust by neutralizing sodium chloride (salt) – a common element in everyday kitchens. While cheaper sinks use T-409, Kraus sinks boast T-304, further lending to the lifetime warranty.
- Sound Insulated: Sound insulated steel is commonly only thought of in the automobile industry. There, auto manufacturers use spray-on "Stone Guard" insulation to provide for a quieter ride and protect the steel. Borrowing this technology and adding to it, Kraus sinks use Stone Guard insulation, sprayed over rubber sound dampening pads to create a noticeably lower-tone and overall quieter kitchen sink. It also protects your cabinet from underside condensation drips.
- Included Dish Grid (Basin Rack) and Basket Strainer (Drain): It's a wonder why dish grids aren't included with all sinks; they serve a valuable role. Not only do they virtually eliminate scratches, they allow the sink to properly drain, preventing sink scum and protecting your cutlery. As with most Kraus kitchen sinks, this sink includes the stainless steel sink grid along with the stainless steel basket strainer you'll need for installation.
Faucet Technologies / Benefits:
- For the Professional Kitchen: To handle the turnover in commercial kitchens and restaurants, dish-washers need to be able quickly blast food away before rushing dishes through the sanitation cycle. For this reason, the pre-rinse faucet was developed to be a rugged, fully flexible faucet with an on-demand trigger. And until recently, these technologies were reserved only to commercial product lines. By adopting them, then sizing the package to fit residential kitchens, Kraus pre-rinse faucets have almost single handedly started a kitchen faucet revolution. People love the look and ease of use.
- Precision Kerox Cartridges: The cartridge's job is to deliver smooth handle operation and water flow, throughout hundreds of thousands of uses, without ever leaking – all while under a punishing 60 pounds-per-square-inch of pressure. For these reasons, it is quite literally what "makes or breaks" the faucet. Kraus understands this, so they take no shortcuts here, importing their cartridges from the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision ceramic disc cartridges, Kerox in Hungary.
- Swiss-Made NeoPerl Aerators: Aerators are possibly the most under-appreciated component within faucets. Not only do they soften the stream (preventing splashing), but they also control the straightness, diameter, overall delivery of water. Fortunately, like their cartridges, Kraus recognizes this and chooses to takes no gambles here – they import their aerators from NeoPerl in Switzerland, the world's leading manufacturer for high-end and specialty aerators.